When it comes to my photography sessions and weather ….. I can not control Mother Nature and sometimes she loses the memo about me wanting to have a photography session. On a day of a session I wake up, look outside and see what the weather is – then as the day goes on ( depending on when the session is ) I constantly look outside, walk outside, and make lists in my head about the weather. Sometimes I get soooo freaking excited about the weather! Most of the time its PERFECT, and I jump for joy! But then there are others, where I find it iffy. I stare outside, stand outside and make those lists. If like today is blowing nearly 20 mph winds, and 2 degrees – I stand out in it, feeling, dressing how the client would, imaging the photos I could/couldn’t get, imagining their comfort level, if they are going to be having fun or painfully pushing through it for the memories captured. As I make those lists,  and weigh my options, I struggling if I should cancel or not. I can honestly say last year I cancelled one session — yup ONE! JUST ONE! I was lucky I could say that I had great weather, but there were some days where it was storming, and I said ” Lets Go For It ! ” and we shot a BEAUTIFUL session! The one I canceled was due to horrible stormy weather that did not end – was sad that I could do it. But knew it wasn’t going to change.

This year already I have cancelled two – TWO! The first one was my nephew at 2 weeks old and I woke up with the worse stomach ache ever! I called and told her that I was feeling ill, and didn’t want to pass it on to Reid, so we pushed it a week to be safe. Today I cancelled a Maternity session in Waupaca due to 20 mph winds, and cold. The session was going to be mainly inside at her home, but I knew she had her heart set on some out in the snow. I did not want to compromise her health or comfort to have her stand out in the wind and cold. I struggled with this  for a few hours – staring outside, standing out in it, walking, shooting. Determining if canceling was worth it. I made the final decision that it should wait a week, wait for calmer winds, and beautiful snow. Next week is going to be chilly, but a new snowfall will be beautiful, and the winds will be ( hear me Mother Nature ) calmer!

Canceling is not something I like to do, and I consider it a challenge – but I will not by any circumstances jeopardize a clients, comfort, health or quality of photos. And when I do re-schedule I make it worth it! So in exactly one week you will see how I made it up to a certain MaMa!

2014 Winter Storm (c)Natural_IntuitionPhoto--01Central Wisconsin Wedding Photographer



Black Forest, Mainz, Germany


[…] in the 20 mile and hour winds for even a minute. ( Read the blog post about why I cancelled by CLICKING HERE ) The rescheduled day was BEAUTIFUL ! The sun was shining and 15 degrees ( Wisconsin heat wave ! […]

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.



in our print shop


continue to sleep with your dreams OR wake up and chase them.

Notice: Undefined variable: msg in /home/naturalintuition/public_html/wp-content/plugins/flo-launch/public/class-flo-setup-behind-scene-public.php on line 140

Notice: ob_end_flush(): failed to send buffer of zlib output compression (0) in /home/naturalintuition/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3813