Washington Photography Workshop with Benj Haisch
It’s been nearly a year since I attended this workshop that changed the way I looked at, myself, weddings, my job, and lines. I have been wanting to attend a workshop or learn from the uber talented Benj for a LONG time! This guy has been an inspiration as a photographer for a few years now! I look at his photos, the connection he has with his clients and the adventures his clients take him on. So finally when I had the money I booked a seat at his Cascade Workshop!
What is the best part of attending a workshop?
You are around like minded people
- This is freaking awesome because you don’t get strange looks for taking random photos. Being able to talk about things that your family and friends don’t always understand. It feels like a weight is taken off your shoulders.
You get to learn from an amazing human
- You can never know too much! Never stop learning from the people who you admire! Being able to learn from someone who is both a great human an uber-talented is the only way it’s going to sink in and inspire you. (in my experience)
Getting to pick up your camera and try new things
- We get stuck in a rut, doing the same shots and poses over and over. These workshops allow you to step outside your box, be able to stand back and watch others create. being able to try, move and experience something new to spark the fire inside.
This one in particular rocks because you get to try & learn about film cameras.
- I started out by photographing with film. My first camera had a rotating bulb flash on top. Then I grew up to a 35mm camera that I took with me EVERYWHERE! I shot only on black and white film. It was always so awesome to pick up your film not knowing what your photos look like. Some were amazing, while some were not so much. (or art, right!?) No instant gratification, just create.
You are taken away from your lifes everyday mess and stress.
- I mean being able to get away to the mountains in Washington State was a plush for sure! But, being able to get away from the everyday mess of work, life and your to-do list. Is the best way to be able to really listen to yourself and concentrate on your goals.
So what did I learn at this workshop? I learned how to use your camera to its potential. There was one thing I wasn’t doing that has since elevated my photography work. I am not going to spill it because you have to go to the workshop to find out! (…hint is that if your short this will help you!) I also learned that I am doing a lot of things right, I just had to get out of my own way. My mindset leaving this workshop changed a ton!
I couldn’t recommend this workshop more! Benj is an amazing person and totally open to his teaching!
I cannot wait to share the 3 couples we got to photograph too in the coming days or weeks! Three amazing couples with 3 different styles to them. The whole reason why I am giving each couple their very own blog!